Using our proud traditions and diverse community, Young Scholars Academy prepares all students to become creative, ethical, and critical thinkers for lifelong success in a global society.
Instilling Academic Success and Resiliency in ALL Scholars
- Every scholar will become his or her best ethical and intellectual self.
- Every educator will inspire students to strive for academic excellence and strength of character.
- Every scholar will persevere to reach his or her highest social, emotional, and academic potential.
- Every educator will leverage failure and mistakes as opportunities for the scholars to learn and grow.
- Every educators objective is to make the process of learning fun and exciting again.
- Every classroom will develop engaging and professional learning communities to support the Growth Mindset
- a culture of caring is essential for learning reaching one’s full potential.
- respect for oneself and others is fundamentally necessary to building self-worth and dignity.
- taking responsibility for one’s actions enables scholars to thrive during challenges.
- a safe environment establishes a sense of security which allows scholars to take chances on new ideas.
- strong character sets the framework for good citizenship and social development.
- every scholar deserves the opportunity to develop his or her potential to learn and grow.
- intelligence is developed through attitude, effort, and perseverance.
- mistakes are viewed as opportunities to learn and grow, not as failure or a disappointment.
What is growth mindset?
Why does your young scholar need a Growth Mindset to succeed in school and life?